Beginning on January 2nd, I renewed my efforts at weight loss. I started cutting out many carbohydrates (including white bread and potatoes). You would be shocked at how much bread and potatoes was a staple of my diet! But I have successfully avoided them for over two weeks now!
 
I started out this year with the goal of losing 52 lbs this year. So far, I have far surpassed my expectations!
 
TWO WEEKS WEIGH IN: 5 lbs lost!
 
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 5 lbs
 
STRUGGLES & CHALLENGES:
 
There are two major challenges that I have faced...
 
The first, is that it is expensive to eat fruits and veggies! It is going to have to become a priority for me to figure out how to save money in this area or my family is going to go broke.
 
The second is that it has gotten more and more difficult to talk myself into exercising. Mind you, I am only walking the dog at this point and I always feel great after, but the time that it takes and the lack of daylight hours do not help excite me for the journey.
 
ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
  • I have actually gotten out to walk three times a week, which is currently my goal.
  • I have maintained a reduced carb diet.
  • I tracked my food.
 
MILESTONES:
 
I have lost my first 5 lbs.
 
REVELATIONS:
 
I finally understand that being healthy is a choice.
 
NEXT WEEKS GOALS:
  • Lose 1 lb.
  • Walk the dog three days.
  • Spend 20 minutes on the elliptical.
  • Track my food everyday
  • Weigh myself only twice